Monday, May 17, 2010

e-mail to Mom and Dad May 17, 2010

Hi mom and dad,
Sorry I didn´t send pictures. I forgot my camera. I will bring it next week. I hope everything is going well. Things are good here. Don´t worry about me. I am trecking a long. By the way, if you were wondering the worst bites are on the knuckles, the bottoms of feet and on the hip. The hardest thing this week has been this waking up at 5:00. that is an hour and a half earlier than usual. I don´t konw how long it will last, but we are being obedient and doing it. I hope everything is going well there. One thing I´ve noticed here is that Dads here just have a different mind set. They don´t fell very much resposibility or affection for their family. there are a lot of families not married. They guys a lot of times won´t marry them because they don´t really love them. they just want to have her there for himself. It is sad. And the ones that are together don´t have like a deep affection for their kids. it is just different. it has really opened my eyes about dad and they type of man he is. He always loved us. He always worked hard around the house and at his job so that we could have everything we needed. He always attened his meetings and was a good example. You and Dad always supported us in what we did and and pushed us to do what we should do. Thank you. I learn more and more about families and differences we have. Thank you. Talk to you next week. o by the way, I´ve been doing a little gardening myself with machetees. I figure since you always tell me about your gardening, i would tell you that we´ve been cutting down trees, weeding and killing things. Good times. bye
Elder Ashby

No comments:

Post a Comment