Thursday, April 22, 2010

Letter April 16, 2010

April 16, 2010

Dear Mom and Dad:

I’m going to try not to repeat anything I had in my e-mail. Yes, I did get called as a Zone Leader. It will be an experience. It is kind of hard because my comp is still becoming a missionary too. He just doesn’t always thing before he does things. If there’s one thing I’m extremely thankful for, it’s the work ethic and the “think before you do something, son” from Dad. Some of the missionaries call me the zone Mom because I’ve had to teach 2 missionaries how to sew on buttons. I sometimes ask myself if those missionaries learned anything from their mothers! And you will be proud to know that at least my stuff is clean. I always fold my laundry right away. I make my bed every day. I even had to fold my comp’s clothes the other day. Our P-day is Friday. He put his garments in a box on the floor. On Monday night, they were still there, so I folded all his garments for him. (Note from Mom: I had almost lost hope for Scott to be clean and fold his clothes. I’m glad my example paid off.) Things are going well. We get travel plans on Thursday, probably. I can’t wait. Yes, we will get to call in the airport. We teach the second lesson on Wednesday. I can’t believe how much Spanish I can, for the most part, understand from Dave’s letters in Spanish. I am sending more pictures. Things are going well here. I don’t have much news other than Zone Leader. I have learned so much already. I have gotten a lot better at loving people. I have really gotten better at not getting mad at people, but by leading with love. I have really taken to heart DC 121. I have really focused on the verse that talks about long-suffering and persuasion. I am trying to show my love and persuade them to do what they need to. Anyway, things are going good. It has been good to hear about everything at home. I’m glad that I don’t have to worry about anything at home. I hope you are keeping busy. I love you and will talk to you in 2 weeks.

Elder Ashby

No comments:

Post a Comment