Thursday, April 15, 2010

Letter April 5, 2010

Dear Parentals:

I don’t have a lot of time, but I thought I would write you a quick letter with these pictures. Well, conference was good and I think I made some progress with my comp today. I really listened to the Spirit and talked to him about closing his eyes and folding arms during prayers. He really was receptive. It was a cool experience. Last week, I had the last straw. He grades the sister missionaries on their looks to other missionaries. Well, last week our new district went to their first devotional. A sister said the closing prayer. I peaked to see if he was folding his arms and I saw him tell one of the new missionaries that she was a 5 . . . in the middle of the prayer! I couldn’t believe it! When the prayer was done, I told him I was disappointed. So tonight I talked to him about praying and it went well. The oldest district leaves on Monday and then the next elders district leaves a week from that. That means they will be calling new zone leaders on Sunday the 10th. There aren’t a whole lot of choices. There is actually a good probability that my comp and I get called. Whoever gets called will be zone leader for 3 weeks. That is the longest I heard for the MTC. Things are going good. I can teach almost the entire 1st lesson in Spanish. General Conference is awesome. Somehow it means a little more when I’m on my mission. I hope all is going well for you guys and I hope that you enjoyed your trip. Oh, by the way, Devin is not getting married!! I got a letter from her on Friday. Just thought I’d tell you the good news. Anyway, talk to you on Friday.

Love,

Elder Ashby

No comments:

Post a Comment