Monday, July 5, 2010

e-mail July 5, 2010

Dear all,

Well, it has been another good week. We are working hard and I´m not sure how much I have to say in this letter. Well, to start off, it has rained every day. We are usually soaked to the bone everyday. We are working hard with our members right now. We can´t take members to church unless we have members there. We are trying to strengthen them and get the branch running correctly. By the way, this letter might be kind of random because I didn´t have anything in mind to write. Our really good member in the branch, she got her mission call yesterday and we are going to open it up on thrusday. We are working hard and teaching all we can. We have a couple of young men who like going to church and come to church more often than some of our members. We are working with them to try to feel the need to know if there is more truth. We had one lady last week that should have gotten baptized. She had her intreview and everything, but she just wouldn´t get baptized. We don´t know what we are going to do for her. She knows everything twice over. But we shall see if we can help her feel the need to be baptized. She just needs to pray to know if it is true. If someone wants to know if this is the one true chruch, all they have to do is pray. The problem with that is they have to actually do it. We can teach and teach, but unless they will do their part and read and pray, they will never know for sure and feel a need to change. But we are working hard. Things are going well. This is the long change. It is for another 6 weeks. It is 9 weeks long. No, I havn´t met my new mission pres yet. Supposedly we are going to meet him next week or something. So this week, I´ve had some really good scripture study time and time to learn about myself. I got to study the parts in the book of mormon and the part of Nefi and the bow and the part about the building of the boat. There is so much we can learn about the spirit and how God talks to us just from those short stories. I am learning so much about obedience, change, and how to live the Gosple more.
I cut my hair again today. It looks alright. We have a bat living in our apartment and it is pooping all over the floor. There are a few pictures on this email. I will upload the rest to Walmart.com. I think that´s about all. Thanks for all the emails and letters from everyone. I love you all. Keep working hard and doing missionary work!!! Help the missionaries.

With Love,
Elder Ashby

No comments:

Post a Comment