Monday, August 30, 2010

e-mail Aug 30, 2010

Dear all,
Well, things here in Agateyte are good. This week has been quite the week. We are working hard in trying to find, teach, and focus on those who are going to progress. That is the hard part. We can teach almost anyone, but we had to focus and see who is actually progressing and teach them. We should have had a baptism of 2 on Saturday, but it didn´t go down that way. Two weeks ago, the lady didn´t want to get married and husband did want to. Then the DL came and talked to her. She wanted to get baptized and married. We had to go talk to the husband to make sure he was still good. We went to talk to him and said that he had to talk to her because last week she didn´t want to get married. For two nights he said that and then she finally told us that he said that he didn´t want to get married. So we couldn´t baptize her. This week we are going to work on it and baptize her two boys too plus a couple others.

Our zone is doing something cool to encourage the missionaries to baptize. We have to baptize 5 with at least one family in the first three weeks of September and then the 25, we have to have 5 more with at least one family to be able to go to the beach to baptize. We are working hard and trying to get lots to baptize.

This week has been a lot of learning for me. I realized a lot of things that i need to improve. Before, my trainer did most of the stuff and I didn´t do much. Now, I have to do almost everything. I talk a lot more. I usually start lessons. We are learning together and working hard. We get along really well. He is helping me with my Spanish and he is actually pretty good at English. He is learning fast. He is just pretty easy to get along with.

I am doing my workout so I don´t outgrown all of my pants.

We had to go to Managua today by ourselves so my comp could get his ID for the country. So that´s what we spent today doing. It was quite the adventure. Nothing big happened, we just didn´t know where we were going and luckily got there. The people are just really friendly here. The give us stuff all the time. Our member, Hermana Fran feeds us so good. Her son just got back from his mission last week. He is awesome.

They changed our schedule around. We now plan for the next day not at 900 at night. We plan at 12:30pm after lunch for the next day. We are in the house at 8:00PM to report numbers, write in your journal and everything like that. We will see how it goes. They also changed the rules. We can listen to music as long as it brings the spirit. So music like EFY is OK, as long as it brings the spirit. Anyway, so slowly things are changing on the mission. They are really trying to focus on baptizing families on the mission. We are working hard and I continue to learn things about myself and the Gospel everyday.

Now, after finishing 6 months in the mission, I can´t believe it´s actually been 6 months. If feels like just yesterday, I came to Nicaragua. It still feels like I can´t speak Spanish and I can´t speak English anymore either. I have learned a ton about the importance of the Gospel in our lives, and how it really is the only thing that will make us happy. It is the most important thing in our life, It is the purpose of even living on the Earth. Our lives are less without it. We do not fulfill our purpose without it.

On the physical side of things, the body is holding up well. I haven´t been too sick lately. I weigh 133. I think a couple pounds have shifted from my legs and arms to my waist. That is the only bad news. I working on that, though. I do have a few requests, though. I would like to hear more from my brothers and sisters and what is happening in their lives. I dont know if some of them are still living ;). I used to not have enough time to write and now I have more than enough time becuase everyone has cut back. I can only imagine after 18 months!! lol But everything is going well. It is weird to be in a Ward again and to have leaders to work with. We are working hard and will continue. Thank you for all the letters and all the prayers offered for me.

With love,
Elder Ashby

No comments:

Post a Comment