Monday, October 25, 2010

e-mail Oct 25, 2010

Dear all

Well, another week has come and past. It is amazing how fast time goes. I have been tired this week, but we are still working hard.

Not too much happened this week. My comp and I are working to have more love and understanding between us. We haven't been having too much success because if there is not love and excitement in your companionship, you will not have success. It is sad but true.

We have a lot of news right now. (Note: I’m not sure what this means.) We are working to find out which ones are positive and ready for baptism. We are teaching only a couple right now that are positive and look like they are ready for baptism. It is interesting.

After, well almost 8 months, I think I have learned a lot about the mission and what I need to do. Then, one day, the spirit comes and tells me all the things I am doing wrong and teaches more about what I need to do. I think this happens, or happened in real life before and I just didn't realize it was the spirit. All of my breakdowns were really the spirit humbling me and tell me to stop relying on myself and to change things. I really just realized that I need to do a few things better in the mission and that especially right now, I don't have enough energy for two people. Often times my comp is sad or mad or frustrated and 10 steps behind me with a frown on. I have to be happy and have energy for two of us so that the people don't think we are depressed. That has really been draining for me this change. I am just refocusing myself on the mission and what I need to do better. We are working hard and trying to have a few baptisms these last few weeks. We shall see how it goes. Thank you everyone who continually write me. It is great to get mail. The one thing that did happen is that in Tonala, the other area that I am DL over, had 7 baptisms this week. They finally baptized someone other than musas. They baptized seven with two families. It was cool. One lady was really crazy and wouldn't go under the water. Every time they went to go put her under the water, she freaked out and let go of her nose. After about the 8th time, with both missionaries in the water, they put her almost there, and then one missionary had to just about jump on her to put her under real quick. Needless to say, she came up coughing water, but clean of her sins. It was quite the event. But it was a good week. The church is true. Always remember that. Do your Home and Visiting teaching. It is more important than we realize.

Keep the commandments. They're not that hard. Attend the temple. It's close and at least we can afford to go. Just be thankful every day for the good lifestyle that we have. I miss carpet. Yes, I know it's simple, but carpet. Oh and a pillow. Alright that's enough. Thanks and the church is true.

With love,

Elder Ashby

No comments:

Post a Comment