Friday, March 26, 2010

E-mail March 26

Yes, the email came first. I probably won't have time to write you a letter this week, so this is all you will get. I will write again next week. I have gotted a package from you, which was amazing. Only a few of the cookies were broken. I also got one filled with goodies from Sis. Key. It had mike and ikes and nutterbutter bites. I have gotten a letter from emily every week and a couple from Heather. We did a lot of temple work today. We did ten names. It was good. no, I haven't learned too much in person study. For the most part, I have been studying the lessons and scriptures to go along with the lessons. I've started reading the Book of Mormon. I'm trying to read it all the way through before I get out to the field. Spanish is going good. I am learing grammer priciples slowly. We learned how to conjugate for the preterite, imperfect, present and the future. We still have a lot to learn. I am going to work on writing dave a letter in spanish today. My memory card for my camera went bad. I tried to turn on my camera the other day and it wouldn't recognize my card. So all the pictures I took in the last two weeks are probably gone. I am going to send it to dave and see if he can fix it. you may have to send me a new one. So I have to retake a lot of the picutures I had on there. I will try to get some printed off. One thing I love about the MTC is all the devotionals.. They are so awesome. The spirit is so awesome. I am still working things out with my comp. Things are getting easier. I am learning pacience. I am working my hardest. Now, the only thing to do is to try to get him to do the same. But things are going good. I now weigh 128. My lifting weights has been going very good. I don't know if all that is in muscle or not. We got a new district this last wednesday. They are good and it's cool not to be the youngest in the zone. In my district, there are 4 of us going to Nicaragua. The other three are going to California, Long Beach. The two elders already went to the spain MTC last week. Our zone leaders from last week went to Nicaragua as well. My branch president is awesome. He says stuff straight forward and exactly how it is. But everything is going well. I saw Austin Brown on Wednesday. But I am starting to sunderstand how to enjoy the MTC while still having a little fun. My comp and I are so good at teaching together. We, well my comp, commited our "investigator" at the TRC to baptism. But we are doing good. I know that the church is true with all my heart. I have probably learned more spanish in the last three weeks than I could have in 4 years. It is crazy. But I do know that this church is true. I can't wait to go out and preach the gosple to the people of Nicaragua. We share such a simple message. It is amazing how simple the Plan of Salvation really is. We share a message of such peace and joy. I know why I'm here and why we are all here on the earth at this time. Thank you for all the support from everyone. It has really helped me. Stay strong and keep writing.
Elder Ashby

No comments:

Post a Comment