Friday, March 12, 2010

letter March 12, 2010

3-11-10

Dear Mom and Dad:

I’m sorry that I have not written you already, but we can only e-mail on our P-day, Friday, from 12:45 – 3:00. I only have 30 minutes for e-mail. We are technically only supposed to write letters on P-day too. Yes, I have gotten lots of mail. Aleena sent me a dear elder and a written letter. Your letters were both very encouraging. It is the closest thing to scripture. I’m not so much discouraged as I am just beside myself. I know why I’m out here and that won’t change. I know what I need to do, but my companion is the most possible opposite of me. He doesn’t like planning and he doesn’t want to study. He just wants to talk. I can control myself, but I can’t control him. He knows that he doesn’t know the lesson very well, but he doesn’t want to study the lessons. He just wants to teach off of knowledge he does have. He never wants to listen to me, or any of my suggestions. It is so hard. I just don’t even know what to do about it. I am trying to love him and serve him. I was in studying, during comp study and he was out in the hall talking to another missionary. He was talking about how bad I was teaching in the TRC and how he was right and I had no idea what I was talking about. I went out and told him to come with me. We went outside and talked about it. It was better for a little while, and then it went back to normal. It isn’t a difference of good or bad here. It is a difference of good, better, best. I know what we should be doing and not doing and I do it. He only wants to do some of it. It is very hard, though. Tell Bryan to write me. I have a lot of advice for him. I am trying to be happy and love everyone. I don’t just want to endure this time. I want to enjoy it. I pray so much to know how to help my comp and help us get along. I just don’t know what to do. We are going to the temple tomorrow and I just pray that I can know how to get along with my comp. He hates planning and I have to plan. That’s about all, though.

We learned how to testify in Spanish. It is going. I’m just trekin’ along. The temple was awesome today. I know God will answer my prayer and help me with my comp. The MTC is definitely different than I ever would have thought. Oh, by the way, my estimated departure date is April 26. Does dear elder work when I’m down in Nicaragua? It is really weird that I can’t just call you guys any more. The temple was really good today. I have just been so beside myself this past week on what to do. I felt so much love from getting all those letters and from one of my teachers, and from my Heavenly Father. The temple was quite overwhelming. I was very emotional. I am just praying that I will know what to do, what to say, and what to learn from my comp. I didn’t really need that jacket that I brought. It hasn’t been that cold here. I will try to send some pictures in a few days. I am just taking it one day at a time. Thank you for your constant support. I love you both. I hope all goes well. Don’t worry about me too much, just enough! Through the Lord’s strength, I will be OK and serve honorably. Hope to hear from you again soon.

Elder Ashby

No comments:

Post a Comment