Tuesday, September 14, 2010

e-mail Sept 13, 2010

I have to preface this by saying that if you have a squeamish stomach, don't read the second paragraph. It is a bit gross and very graphic. I included it because it is part of the experience.

Dear all,

Well, it was quite the week. Last Monday night was fun. We did a big family home evening with like 5 families and afterwards, I showed everyone how we roast marshmallows in the states. It was really fun and they enjoyed it alot. or maybe that was 2 weeks ago. I don´t know. And then we did it again last night with a couple families that are investigating. We couldn´t write yesterday because we were all day at a conference with Elder Clark, the area 70 over central America. It was really good. We got told a lot of things we have to do better. We got told that we needed to have 50 % retention this last Sunday. We tried to visit everyone before Sunday, and then we passed by Sunday. We just have so many teenagers and primary kids on the recent convert list that don´t want to go to church now. So we only have 27% retention right now, but we are trying. We didn´t have any baptisms this last Saturday, but this Saturday, we will have one. The member we live with has 3 bikes, so he lent us 2 to use when we have to cross to the other side of the area. We rode those Saturday afternoon, and then Sunday in the morning to visit everyone. My butt hurt so back. My comp and I get a lot pretty well. We have our times, but for the most part, everything is good. The funny part is we are the youngest companionship in the zone and we have baptized the most this month. We are working hard. This is week #5 for this change. We only have 2 more weeks left until changes. that´s crazy. We will see what happens, if my comp gets changed, If I have to train. We shall see. Right now, it is the day of Independence. Yesterday, today, and tomorrow in the mornings, they have parades with all the bands from every single school. That gets kind of annoying. They have been banging on their drums, practicing all day till 9:00 at night for the past week. I have really changed in this area and learned alot about how to just do the work. I have been forced to do a lot of things that I didn´t have to do before. But everything is great. I heard that Elder Geddes is a ZL in the South Mission. I have had 1 interview with Pres, Arredondo. That was like 2 months ago. He isn´t going to do interviews for another month or so. He is trying to get set and get everything going in the mission. Thank you to everyone who has sent me dear elders (mostly only Emily) They get here fairly fast and I love being able to hear everyone´s adventures.

Now, for my big story of the week. Now, last Monday was rough. There is this drink made of chocolate called Cacao. It is really good. Some missionaries said that it´s a lot cheaper off the street. I had never tried it off the street. So we went and bought a bag of it and I drank this decent size back of Cacao. I also ate a hot dog off the street for lunch. So later that night, i didn´t feel very good, but I went to bed. In the middle of the night, I woke up feeling very bad. I slipped on my sandals and ran to the door. I unlocked the door and turn on the light in the back. I swung the door open when it all came. The fountains opened up and Old Faithful came spewing. I threw up all over the wall. That wasn´t all. My bowls just opened right up. So I was throwing up and I had poo streaming down my leg. I tried to walk to the bathroom as I continued to throw up and soil myself. I finally got to the toilet and finished my work. I had to go to the shower and wash everything out. I washed my pajamas and my interiors. I dried off and put on clean clothes. I went back to bed. About 2 hours later, I felt sick again. I lipped on my sandals again, and ran around the throw up, around the poo and barely made it to the toilet in time. Again, my bowls opened up and bad stuff came out of both ends at the same time. Now, this has only ever happened one time before. It was at boyscout camp with the lasagna. But if you have ever experienced this, it is not fun. So, I finished again and took another shower. I washed out my clothes yet again. I dried off and this time, I didn´t not replace my unders (as Aleena calls them) for fear of soiling another pair. So I went back to be again. I made it the rest of the night. My comp woke up and I laid in bed feeling bad still. Now, just so everyone knows. My comp did not wake up once, with all the throwing up and everything. But I laid in bed. The member that we live with went and bought some anti dehydration stuff called suero. I drank it too fast and threw up again. But this time it was in a bag. Now, while i was laying in bed sick, my comp, what a champ, cleaned up all the throw up and poo. He was really helpful and I felt so bad that he had to clean it up. But he did it. I had diaria all morning long. I started to feel better around 10. So i took another shower and got ready. We went and eat lunch. I only ate 8 Ritz crackers. We went out and worked for a little bit and then we came back because i didn´t have very much energy. We didn´t do much that day.that night for dinner, I had 4 bites of a casadilla. That is the picture of us eating dinner. My comp had a huge nice meal while I couldn´t eat anything. I went to bed that night, and the next morning, i felt fine and we worked like normal. Now, I´m fine again. Hermana Arredondo called us on Tuesday to see if I was alright. Anyway, all is fine.

I think that is about all for now. I will talk to you all next week. Thank for your continued sup`port. The church is true. Always share the gosple. Don´t have fear of sharing the joy!!!

With Love,
Elder Ashby

No comments:

Post a Comment