Monday, June 7, 2010

e-mail June 7, 2010

Well, I don´t know what´s going on with the email that it´s not sending my emails. it said I sent it last week and now it´s not in my sent box. I have no idea. Well, i´ll try some different things to get it to work. I have been having a hard time with fast baptisms and the kind of people we´re baptizing. I know why I´m out here and the message we share, but I am just still learnging how everything fits together. it´s also been hard because we haven´t had interviews with pres and we aren´t going to have interviews. I will never have an interview with this pres. So if anyone has some advise on missionary work itself, with baptising this many people (600 in one month, 103 families!!), that would really help me.

I have realized that the mission budget is NOT enough. I will probably need about an extra 20$ a month. Thank you for the package. That will be very nice. I will try and figure out with the pictures. I might try that walmart thing and see how long i takes to upload. It would probably be easier to send and CD and then you can go through and pick out the good ones. You won´t want to print off all of them.

So last week we all went to Managua for a super pday and played soccer and eat pizza. This week, we took a bus to masaya to the volcano. I hung out with elder Geddes and we remenissed a little about camp. I hope all is going well at home.

A lot of our investigators dropped us this week. Our attendance was up this week, though. our district has a possibility of becoming a stake and we have to get our attendence up. We had 11 people in church last week. We got 35 to church yesterday. so that was good. My comp is starting to get ready go to home. He has 9 weeks left and he is getting a little lazy. I am trying to work hard and i need to do a better job at motivating him. I am definatly still learning and addapting to the mission.

Since you didn´t get my email last week, thank you everyone who sent me letters. Thank Brother Brann for his letter. Thank you Sis Warr for your letter. It is just great to get support from everyone. I am trying to get myself into the work and love it. Pray for me and any advise is welcomed. Thank you for your continued support. I love you all. The church is true and the work is true, it´s just a lot harder when you´re the branch presidency and a missionary ,) My goal is to have 1st Nefi all the way done by the first change. I´m pretty close. Talk to you all next week.

Love,

Elder Ashby

No comments:

Post a Comment