Monday, June 7, 2010

Q & A e-mail June 7, 2010

1. What do the people do in Nicaragua to make a living?
A lot op people work in things called Pulperias. They are like little stores where they sell bread and little snacks. Some people pick beans. I don´t actually know what a lot of people do. They just mostly do regular stuff. There are doctors and nusrses and lawyers.



2. How have you been handling all the rain? How are your boots holding up?
The rain has been ok. This week it was better. We walk and we are often soaked to the bone wet. That got old just constantly being wet. My boots have been so nice. They are holding up well so far.



3. What is the funniest thing that happened to you this week? (or the last few weeks){{{NOTE FROM MOM: THIS IS GRAPHIC, SO YOU MAY WANT TO SKIP THIS PART!}}
Well, this is actually a funny story. I was told not to tell you this because you would worry, but just don´t. and yo umay not want to pass this one one, but i have to tell you. so when i was really sick last week, I had a little accident and didn't make it to the facilities in time ( that happens to every misisonary here atleast once). I was at another missionary´s house. i went in to finish my buisness and clean my garments off since i didn´t have any extra with me, and they had to toilet paper. First, they handed me a recite (that would be a receipt). That didn´t do much. Then , they handed me a cardboard box. That´s right, I had to wipe with a cardboard box. Then, to make things worse, they took a picutre of me while i was in there. o and they didn´t have a toilet seat.




4. What did you do (or what are you going to do) today for Pday?
We had a super Pday where we took a bus to Masaya and went to the volcano. it was alright. We had a really good one planned for today, but then we found out that we wer all going to Masaya. The APs talked to us and we walked around. That was about it.




5. I heard the mission made its goal of 100 baptisms. Did you get to do anything special last week for P-day?
No, that was a goal of 100 families baptized. We got 600 baptisms. Yeah, we went and had a super pday and played soccer and ate pizza last week.



6. What interesting food have you eaten since you're been there? What is the strangest thing you've eaten?
We eat in a restaurant and i haven´t eaten anything stange at all. Some of the fruit has been different. I have been eating a lot of things that I normally wouldn´t like beats and cucumbers. we have gayo pinto. that´s not how you spell it, but all well. They one thing I can´´t handle are the drinks they make out of wheat or the drinks make out of rice. I don´t like ot chew my drinks. I finally got used to the cheese. It is really different. It is really salty.

No comments:

Post a Comment